Yes, through Christ, God was brought within touching distance; because :–
· A child was able to sit on God’s lap and feel welcomed. Mark 10:13-16 (Matthew 19:13-15)
· A woman was able to touch the hem of God’s garment and received healing. Mark 5:25-29
· Men from various walks of life were able to walk with God and hear Him teach and see Him perform countless miracles. John 1:35-51
· A woman was able to sit by the well and have a life changing conversation with God. John 4:5-26
· A lame man picked up his mat and walked for the first time as he encountered the healing touch of God. Mark 2:1-12, Luke 5:18-26)
· Lazarus came out of the grave as he heard the voice of God calling him. John 11:38-44
· Fishermen caught the largest load of fish ever, as God told them where to sink their nets. John 21:1-6; Luke 5:4-7
· Two men were amazed at the wisdom of the stranger walking with them as God conversed with them. Luke 24:13-27
· A little boy was able to share his food hamper of five barley loaves and two fish with a whole multitude as God beckoned him to give. John 6:9-11
· Mary wept for her brother at the feet of the man who had delivered her from demons, knowing that He was God and was able to raise her brother from the dead. John 11:32Today, men and women of every tribe, nation and generation have been redeemed from the curse of sin and death through God’s love demonstrated for us by His Son, Jesus Christ, at the Cross of Calvary.
Yes, through Christ, God was brought within touching distance.